Thursday, March 28, 2013

I should be more positive

Is it just me or is this week flying by?   Tomorrow is Friday already (Holla!!).  The week may be flying by, but that last hour of work just seems to drag.  Any one else?

Something that I have noticed lately is that I am, in all actuality, a negative person.  I am not sure what happen to me that turned me into a spiteful little twat, but I am.  I complain about everything!  I complain about the weather, my job, my cat, my husband (who is wonderful to me and gives me no real reason to complain), the government, the cost of living, you name it and I am sure I have complained about it.

I can't pinpoint exactly what happen to me that made me turn bitter, but I am not sure if I would want to.  It wouldn't change anything.  I know that I have been through quite a lot in my 26 years, but that should make me thankful.  I should look back on my life and be proud that I am where I am today.

I may not be able to change the past, but I can change my attitude about it.  I think I say "I hate people" out loud at least 6 times a day.  The thing is, I used to be a people person.  I used to love hanging out with a big group of friends and just act stupid and giggle at everything.  Then life beat me up a bit, a grew up, and grew bitter along with it.
please excuse the uber bad quality.  It's a photo of a (already poor quality) photo


So, I have decided that I want to be a happy person again.  I know that I don't have a switch built into my back that I can just flip (although sometimes I think that would be awesome).  I know that this will take time. I understand that it is okay to have a bad day, and that there are frustrating things in life.  But I also have so much to be happy about and thankful for.

I have a car that will pass inspection on the first try for the first time in my life

I have a husband who rocks at the whole "in sickness and in health" thing

I have a job with benefits.  Even if they aren't that great, it beats working three retail jobs without benefits (like I did once)

I have both lungs.  I know that seems like a silly thing to add to this list, but when you are hospitalized with respiratory issues two days after your wedding, you can choose to be thankful for your lungs, or bitter that you missed your honeymoon.  I am done with the later, so that means I have to be thankful.

It will be a challenge, but I am tough.  BRING IT!

The happiest I have ever been.  

2 comments:

  1. This is so me! I started doing thankful Thursday's to remind myself that their can be a positive side to everything. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also trying to be more positive about life...

    ReplyDelete