Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cara Box Reveal

Remember when I mentioned that I signed up to do my first ever blog swap?  That's okay if you didn't because none of the juicy stuff happen until now. Well, other than developing friendships behind the scenes.  


The Cara Box exchange is run by the beautiful Kaitlyn at Wifessionals.  She is such a wonderful person who puts a lot of time into helping out smaller bloggers.  AND  she's going to be a new mommy soon!  I am so excited for her!  Thanks for everything you do, Kaitlyn!  You are awesome!

The way the exchange is set up, is that you are paired with two different people.  One person to send a box to, and one person you get a box from.  There is also a monthly theme.  This month it was "__ is for...".  Everything in the box should have something to do with the first letter of your partner's name.   I was paired with Katie from a heart consumed and Kayla from Green Mountain Couple.  K was a tricky letter for me, but I was able to get creative and send Katie some cool stuff (at least I hope it is cool).

Here is what Kayla put in my box....



Yay for happy mail!


There was a cute card explaining how happy she is that we are friends.  That made me smile.  Who doesn't love new friends!



This fantastic yellow key fob is from her Etsy Shop!



If you love this she has a promo going on use code GrandOpening13  for 10% off $5 or more until March 31, 2013



Kayla asked me what my favorite kind of candy is,  Truthfully, I am not huge on sweets, but I love white chocolate, or anything filled with caramel .  Since she couldn't find a white Kit-kat bar or caramel kisses, she sent me some Ghirardelli Milk and Caramel squares (G for Gootee, my last name).  Good call, Kayla!


Yes, it's open.  I couldn't wait...



Another fun Key chain because I love keys!




Last but not least, my favorite thing of all: a homemade kite wall hanging.  One of my favorite memories from my childhood is kite-flying with my mom at the local high school.  For Kayla to make me something to remind me of that is so sweet.  Something a real friend would do.




I already have it hanging by my bed.




Confession: This picture is really for Kayla.  Yes that is a .22 in the background.  Little Miss Prepper wold be happy to know I own a fire arm.


I was a little apprehensive about meeting new people via the internet, but I am so glad I did.  I enjoyed getting to know Kayla and Katie so much.  I can't wait for April's match ups!

If you want to join in on the fun, you don't even have to be a blogger!  Just head over to Wifessionals and sign up!






Cara Box

3 comments:

  1. The secret isd out of the bags now! You have a firearm. Thank you for being such a wonderful swap partner and new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun box! I received mine yesterday and it just made my day. :-)

    ReplyDelete