Thursday, April 11, 2013

Yes, I threw tortillas at my cat.

I am a cat owner.  I would prefer to be a dog owner, but considering that my crappy tiny apartment is less than 400 sq. ft., I am forced to be a cat owner.  We have two of them.  I intended to only have one, but Pip really needed a companion, so we ended up getting Wimpy. 

For the record, Dean named Wimpy.  I would have chosen a less insulting name. 

Pip is the back one on the bottom.  Wimpy is on top

Getting Wimpy ended up being a good idea... for Pip.  Pip became less destructive and calmed right down after getting a playmate.  However, Dean and I are not the biggest fan of our second fur baby as of late.

Don't let his cute face fool you!

In Rochester, we have access to a low cost spay and neuter program called SNIP.   We used SNIP for Pip and ended up only paying around $40 for his neuter and vaccines and a flea treatment.  We had every intention of doing that with Wimpy as well, but we just kept forgetting to send in the paper work.  That kinda fell low on the list of priorities   Ya know, under wedding planning, getting Dean moved in, and hospital bills.  

When we finally did remember to send in the paper work it was too late, my little kitten boy grew up. He now sprays.  Most of the time it is under control.  We have an appointment for him coming up, but in the mean time we have to keep an eye on him.

Tuesday, we did not keep a close enough eye on him.  I was making quesadillas  for dinner and I noticed him scratching on the chair that I had left my jacket and purse on when I came home.  Yup, you guessed it.  he peed on them.  I was SO mad that I threw the package of tortillas that were in my hand.... at him. 

Part of the reason that I was so upset, was because he didn't just pee on any old bag.  No, he peed on my new $120 fossil bag that Dean got me for our first Valentines (and make-up honeymoon gift).  Part of the deal was that I get rid of my three suitcases full of cheap purses (yes, I have a problem). 

I survived yesterday with a small purse that was so stuffed I couldn't close it (I need big bags now because of all the meds I need to carry).  Meanwhile, my amazing husband got my Fossil bag cleaned and moved up Wimpy's vet appointment. 

And that is why  I thew tortillas at my cat.  But we are cool now.  He apologized, and kept me company while I was home sick yesterday.  

Moral of the story:  "Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered."

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Oh cats. James and I always joke that ours ONLY destroys the expensive stuff we own, and so far that's been proved true.

    ReplyDelete