Saturday, April 27, 2013

Story of My Life in 10 Simple Questions

I have seen these ten questions on a few of my favorite blogs lately.  Honestly, they have been a few of my favorite posts of the week, so I decided to answer them myself. That and I have had a really rough week. So, I have zero creativity for a post.  Besides, it's always fun to get to know people better, and this is an easy way to do it.





1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be?

The first thing that comes to mind is going to Bible school.  I often complain that it was a waste of time and money.  No to mention the size of the slap in the face reality gave me when I finally left the "christian bubble" and stepped into the real world.  However, a lot of good came from it too.  Heck, I wouldn't have met Dean if I never went to Bible school.  I like to sum it up this way "It was the best mistake I ever made".


Friendly Elim card game, I was fat and had short hair.




2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
If I am not  a mommy in five years then there is something medically wrong with me.  Dean and I have talked about it; in five years we should be on kid number 2.  I would also like to be a homeowner.  Basically, I just want to be happy.  I believe happiness is a choice, it's not really based on your circumstances unless you let be.


Me and Lisa, one of the girlies I used to nanny



3. Do you honestly want kids?
Umm... See above.  Yes I do!  It is honestly the biggest desire of my heart to have children.  Complete strangers have walked up to me and told me I have a mother's heart.  After the initial weirdness wears off, I have perma-grin for at least 24 hours. 


4. What has been the best moment of your life so far?
This is a tough one!  I have had a lot of really wonderful things happen on my life.  The one moment that stands out more than any other, is when I finally stood up for myself and ended an abusive relationship I was in.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but so rewarding.  I have never felt more peace in my life.  That and my wedding day of course. 


So glad we winged it!



5. What is your life theme song?
Sara Groves.  Less Like Scars.  Yeah I know, it's not some fun hip singer and half of you may have never heard of her, but this song is basically the story of my life.





6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die?
Is it cheating if I tie in numbers two and three with this answer?  If it is, then call me a cheater.   Don't get me wrong, I know there are other things in life that are important as well, but I don't anything will be as rewarding (and challenging) as motherhood.

7. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc), what would it be?
Quit my job, buy a house and fill it with brand new furniture. Wow, that's such an "adult" answer.  If I could do all of that without any finical repercussions I would in a heart beat.  I would love to be a house wife, man I should have been born in the 40's.






8. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be?
Compassion.  And I think maybe I am there?  I want to be able love the unlovable and for being helping people feel good about them selves, and happy that they are alive.  Cheesy?  Maybe, but it still gives me warm fuzzies.   Just call me Ducky (Pretty in Pink any one?).


9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life?
I think this one has to tie into number 4.  I used to be an extreme people pleaser.  If my actions made some one else happy I would do it, even if it was self damaging.  This lead to having my heart walked all over numerous times.  I was used, disregarded, and blamed for everything that was wrong in this persons life.   When I finally stood up for myself and told him to get out of my life, I was scared silly.  But I am so glad I did.    Some times I look back on the time in my life with regret.  I get ashamed when I see how I let him treat me so poorly, Then there are other times I look back and think "I'm so glad I did the hard thing by standing up for myself."  I don't even want to know where I would be if I didn't.
ooff.... okay, let's move on from this heavy subject.


10. Summarize yourself in one word.
This was by far the most challenging question.  I know how I would have answered in high school, or 3 years ago, but now... not so much.  Maybe... maybe, the proper word would be changing.  That seems accurate for me right about now.  That is accurate for anyone at any time in life.  I like it, there is always room for improvement this way.  





And there you are, even more things to know about me.  If you want to know more, all you have to do it ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment