Monday, October 14, 2013

The quickest year of my life.

This time last year I was on my way to my hairdressers to get my wedding hair done.  That and the cake were the only professional things that were done for our whole wedding.  It was beautiful.  Having a small, intimate ceremony, was one of the best choices of my life.

I was able to actually enjoy things.  I wasn't rushed or stressed all day.  I didn't feel like I was forgetting anything because there was nothing to forget.  I didn't spend a small fortune on a single day, and the end result was still the same.  I became Mrs. Gootee.  There have a been a small handful of times that I was sad about not having a big fancy wedding, but in the end, I am still glad we did things the way we did.


People often say that the first year of marriage is the hardest.  I haven't been married for more than a year, so I can't say if that is true for us or not. But i am looking forward to finding out.  We did get off to a pretty rocky start.  A hospital room is not exactly an ideal honeymoon location.  I am pretty sure if we can take that blow just two days after our wedding, we can pull through most anything.

Happy Anniversary, Babe!  One down and a lifetime to go!

1 comment:

  1. So far, for us, years 2 and 3 sure were easier than year 1! We also went with relaxed and non-professional for our wedding, and I think that was definitely the best choice for us! The only professional we hired was the photographer. :) Happy belated anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete