Thursday, October 24, 2013

I don't understand....

I am going to go against the blogger trend here and say that I really don't understand birth photography.  I just feel like this is a traditionally behind-closed-doors event for a reason.  I posted something like this on Facebook last night and I accidentally started a bit of a debate.  Don't get me wrong, I will most definitely want photos of that event...taken by my husband. And don't expect me to share them all over social media.

I was told that I should wait to judge such an event until after I have children and then see if I don't get it.  It really bothers me when people assume that I don't know what I am talking about when it comes to children/being a mother simply because I am not one yet.  Yes, I understand that there will be a lot of new experiences for me. But, when it comes to opinions, my are still valid.

I digress.

The point is that birth photography is a trend I just don't understand.  But then again, there are a lot of trends I don't understand.

like peep toe boots...
If is it chilly enough to wear boots, why would you want your toes exposed?

Or exaggerated winged eye liner


We are not in Egypt in 500 BC.  There is no need to draw lines on your face.

or why Bit Strips are suddenly all over Facebook

Can someone explain this to me?  Why is it fun?

And please don't get me started on hashtags or fantasy football.  

But what I really really really don't understand, is why people think that Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes are good.  Dunkin's PSL's are a million times better!  No overly sweet chemical taste in those (much cheaper) cups!

2 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes to all of these! Especially that last one! DD all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not sure if birth photography is a trend, maybe a preference of some? cuz i def DIDN'T do it :)

    ReplyDelete