Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Changes that bring peace

If you read my last post , you may think that I have been feeling pretty down lately.   You may be right to an extent.  I have set goals for myself, and I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Some times I can be a bit of a dreamer.  I have yet to decided if that is a fault, or an asset.  Sometimes, it can open up the door for disappointment.



Sometimes, learning to be content means learning to admit when you are not able to do something and accept it.  Because of that, I have decided to change #2 on my "30 by 30" list.  instead of "complete a 10k", my new goal is to have a regular work out routine.  I am not going to beat myself up about it.  I am not going to put myself down and say that it is because I am lazy that I cannot run.  The fact is, that this time last year I very well could have died.  To think that I could get out there and start running miles like it was no big deal was rather ambitious of me, to say the least (my doctor said that too, but I didn't tell you guys).

Just because I cannot run miles, dose not mean that I cannot exercise at all.  In fact, small, low key work outs are good for me (duh).  So, that is what I am going to start doing.  I can start walking or doing yoga without an issue.  And then eventually work my way up (key word being eventually).  I have decided to look at this positively.  Instead of having an attitude of "I suck so bad I can't make my goals" I am going to look at this as learning to make changes so that my goals are attainable, enabling me to do more.

There are already some things on my 30 by 30 list that are complete.  Maybe some day I will get around to blogging about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment