Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I am WAY late to the party on this one.

So, it is almost February and I am just now getting around to the whole "Happy New Year" thing.  See, here is the issue - I haven't had a computer at home since November.  The power adapter on my lap top was knocked lose and I wasn't able to charge my battery.  I've been mostly using my iPhone and reading blogs at work.  But, lesbehonest, the blogger app is almost useless, and I didn't want to take the time at work to blog.  Hence, my month long absence.

I know practically everyone in  Blogland has done a post like this about 3 weeks ago, so I will do my best to keep this short winded. Rather than go through and recap all my "highlights" of 2013, I will share this little gem from Facebook.


2013 was a very monumental year in my life, but also one I am glad I can say is done and over with.  It started off rather rough, but ended with me being a stronger, wiser individual.  I know that is incredibly cliche, but it is really true.  

When I was 7, my New Year's resolution was to be able to jump off the swings without being scared.  I guess that was a hard enough challenge for 20 years, because I haven't had one since.  I decided to change that this year. There is no reason to not want to better myself.   After careful consideration, I have come up with 4 things that I would like to work on in 2014.

ONE - Be more productive.
This dose not mean that I can't watch Netflix or be lazy once in a while.  I can however, use my time more wisely.  All those things I pinned on Pinterest?  Why not try that on a Saturday afternoon instead of sitting on my but and watching half a season of Call the Midwife?

TWO - Become a better photographer.  
I know every other person in Blogland is a "photographer".  I am not trying to just be trendy.  This has been a legitimate interest of mine for at least 10 years.  I FINALLY got my fancy DSLR last year.  I have no more excuses to let it sit there.

THREE -  Become a better blogger.
One of the biggest lessons I think I learned in 2013 was that my thoughts and opinions really do matter and it is okay for me to express them.  I may not post something 5 days a week, but I can post at least twice a week.  I am not blogging to become "internet famous", or to make money, or to gain hundreds of followers.  I blog because it makes me happy, and frankly, that's all that matters.

FOUR - Become more active.
I tried this once before last year, and realized that I bit off more than I could chew.  However, I can honestly say that after I admitted my defeat in October, I just gave up completely.  The truth is that I need to be active.  I can no longer blame it on my health.  I am as healed as I'll ever be.  I am not going to go out a join a gym or hire a personal trainer.  Mostly because that crap is expensive, but also because I would be way to overwhelmed.  What I can do (and have started doing) is yoga in the living room, or walking Faust around a few extra blocks (he could really burn off the extra energy, really).


Goals 2-4 are all a part of goal #1.  Truthfully, goal #1 will probably always be a goal of mine. Breaking it down into 3 more specific goals makes it a lot less overwhelming and actually achievable.  So there you have it.  Please forgive me for handing in my homework a month late.  


No comments:

Post a Comment