Monday, March 17, 2014

I hope the "church" dies with him.

Of course the first post I publish in weeks will be slightly controversial.  In case you haven't heard, Fred Phillips, the founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, in on his death bed.  It's not a big surprise that there are people saying his funeral should be protested.  But let me ask you something, What does that prove?  That the world is full of as much hate and anger that this man taught? Personally, I hope it is a quiet, empty funeral, and I hope that none sink to the level that this man and his followers have done, in some vain attempt to achieve some sick, twisted form of justice. I hope his "church" dies with him.

Truthfully, I feel a little sorry for him. He choose to live a life of hate, to the point of pushing some of his family members away, he has led his followers to believe a perverse and twisted form of the "gospel", and has led countless others to hate Christianity, because all Christians must act like him....right? So, I feel sorry for him. I do not wish what I believe he will encounter when he passes over on my worst enemy.

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea."

I cannot and will not celebrate his death, I believe these will be the last words he will hear before descending into hell, damned forever for rejecting the redeeming grace and love of our blessed Savior...... "Depart from me for I never knew you"

I'll admit, there is a part of me that wants to go dance on his grave, that wants his followers to know the hate they showed to so many. But there is another part of me that realizes, and grieves, at a soul that has willfully and knowingly chosen to reject the grace of salvation offered, to pervert a message of love into one of hate, his torment will be beyond anything we can imagine.

This is not something to celebrate, merely something to note, let him die, and let it be, lest we become the very monsters we detest.

1 comment: