Friday, November 22, 2013

It's Finally Friday!

I feel like this Friday has taken extra long to get here. I even took a sick day this week and I still feel like I have been in my office forever.  I really felt the need to blog today, but my head is still too stuffy for me to think straight, so I am joining a link up.  Here are 5 things that I have wanted to write about, but haven't had the time or energy to make a real post.


ONE. I hate Black Friday.  As many of you know, I am a all about getting killer deals and paying almost nothing for retail things. (maybe some day I will write a quick tutorial about it).  But I hate black Friday.  It saddens/angers me that important holidays are being lost in a commercialized haze.



TWO. Have you ever just known without a doubt that you should do something?  That's how I feel about being a mother.  I know that I was made to be a mother.  Needless to say, the baby bug has bitten me.  logically and monetarily. is it wise for me to have a child right now?  Maybe not, but we wait until every little thing is in place, then we would be waiting forever.

THREE. This one totally ties into #2 (I told you I have baby fever).  How do all the working moms out there do it?  How can you afford to pay for childcare and put food on the table?  The cost of childcare makes it almost not worth working!.... yet another reason we should maybe wait for a kid...

FOUR. Balancing Holiday as a married person pretty much sucks.  Thankfully, my mother is super understanding and could care less if we celebrated Christmas on the 25th or the 10th.  She is just happy to spend time with us.  Dean's family is all about HUGE gatherings and traditions.   It's a little overwhelming for this Scrooge-like only child.

FIVE.  I wish I wasn't afraid of change.  Dean desperately wants to move to Europe or at least the northern west coast.  To me, the thought of having to start all over in a new place without knowing anyone scares the crap out of me!  Even if on paper it looks better.


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love that e-card! I'm totally stealing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you loud and clear on Black Friday! I HATE IT. It absolutely disgusts me.

    James and I go back and forth about baby fever. I feel the EXACT way you do, like I was made to be a mother. And sometimes I want to be one immediately, and sometimes I want to wait 5 more years.

    ReplyDelete