Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hey, I am good at things!

Today I should be educating you on something that I am especially good at, and after dealing with some writer's block, asking Dean what I am good at, and texting a few friends, I have realized that the things I am good at are kind of hard to teach.  That or I am just a crappy teacher.  So, in typical Katie fashion, I will write you a list of things I am good at.

ONE.  I am great at what my co-workers have come to call "Office Charades".  I have this thing where I brain farts and forget what normal things are called, so I act them out.  For example, the stapler becomes "that paper-putter-together-thingy".  I will say that and make a stapling motion with my hands.  It's a great party trick.

TWO. I am a talented car dancer.  Okay, maybe I am not really.  Once, I was dancing to a Lady Gaga in the car - Just Dance, actually.  A cop ended up pulling me over because he thought I was having a seizure.  I am not exactly sure how he thought that I was controlling the car if I was having a seizure, but it's still a funny story.

THREE. I am really good at getting sales on clothes.  I am extremely cheap frugal when it comes to buying clothes.  Even my wedding dress was on mega sale.  I shop sales, sign up for email alerts at my favorite stores, coupon, and make friends with sales people.  Seriously, I have a hard time spending $13 on a top...it's just not "Clearance" price to me.

Add caption


FOUR.  I am really good with children.  When I was younger, I was under the impression that all females were good with children.  It wasn't until I was older that I noticed that not every one was.  I am not sure what exactly it is about working with children that makes it come so naturally to me.  It just does.  I think it may have something to do with the fact that children need structure, and I am a creature of habit.  It could also be their innocents, and my desire to keep them that way.  What ever it is, I am thankful for it.

FIVE. I am a master list maker.  I am convinced that I can rule the world if I make a detailed enough list.  Usually, they end on increments of five.




Oh, in case you are wondering what my favorite people think I am good at, here is what they suggested I write about:
Photography
Journaling
Food
Cleaning
Motivating my husband
Packing a house
Shoe shopping
Making enchiladas
Long distance relationships
Being Proactive
Being frank with people

3 comments:

  1. Okay I think we might be the same person with this post. I'm not much for office charades but that's because I'm a nanny so I have that kid one down pat. I grew up and learned that a lot of women didn't want to have kids. Blew my mind. And YES to car dancing all day every day. I miss that so much now that I live in NYC and rarely ever drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told I should have been a teacher, because I have a way with children. Yes to car dancing, both hubby and I do it, lol...though to much different music then you listen too...it's age thing. I don't like to shop, but when I do; I don't even look at something if it's not marked down.
    May Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha the story about getting pulled over while dancing, I'm SHOCKED that hasn't happened to me before. I'm definitely a car dancer as well, I'm sure we'd put on a rockin show together :)

    ReplyDelete