Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Question I keep asking myslef

.... Why Blog?

I am fairly certain that every blogger has asked them selves at one point or another.  In this day in age, it seems like having an account on blogger is just as common has having a Twitter or Instagram account.  So why add yet another web page about wedding planning, DIY crafts, and home decor to the mix?

I started this blog almost 3 years ago when I started a "101 in 1001" list.  I enthusiastically compiled 101 things to complete in 1001 days.  Then, life happen.  I didn't have the time, money, or interest to cross off about 85% of my list.  Even after changing things up a bit I let it fall to the way side.  I came to the conclusion that I would be doing the things to get them crossed off.  Around that same time, a lot of personal (and painful) growth was happening.  My out look on life changed dramatically and I came to the conclusion that doing things just so that you can say you did them, is a waste of life, and life is too valuable to toss out the window.  It wasn't a complete waste of time, however.  There were a few things on the list that were life changing, and I am glad I set goals for myself.  

Over the years I have followed a number of different blogs for various reasons.  After years of reading and seeing how much fun everyone has, I decided I needed to join in.   I am at a point where I need to make new friends who are in the same phase in life as I am.  But, new people scare me.  I would much rather meet people via blog land than at some random social gathering.  And yes, I know that I tell my husband that internet people are scary all the time, I am coming around.  (Dean if you read this, yes, you can call me a hypocrite)

When I was younger, I could easily journal 4 pages every night.  Writing as always been an outlet for me and I am  excited to writing regularly again.  I have a lot to learn about blog land still, but I am looking forward to changing my layout, joining link ups, and meeting great new gal pals.  :)

~ Katie
.

No comments:

Post a Comment